A two days theoretical and practical course for dentistsDetails
A unique course focussed on learning diagnostics, treatment concepts and clinically useful tips!
Severe tooth wear is considered an increasing problem in dentistry. In one-third of the adolescents population dental wear is observed, indicating that nutrition plays an important role. However, the actual number of patients with tooth wear needing restorative treatment is limited and etiology of these severe wear cases seems to be complex and multifactorial. Besides chemical wear (erosion), also mechanical wear (e.g. attrition due to bruxism) often plays an important part. Restorative treatment is complex and challenging for the dentist. Questions related to restorative treatment are when to start a rehabilitation? How to conduct such a complex procedure, direct or indirect? What’s the prognosis of a rehabilitation in these high risk patients?
This course has a theoretical and hands-on training on full arch manikin models. In the theoretical part, diagnosis, appearance and etiology of teeth wear will be discussed. Minimally invasive treatment options, using direct techniques (DSO technique) or indirect techniques (CADCAM) will be explained and advantages and disadvantages of different treatment options will be thoroughly discussed. During the hands-on part, you will be trained to reconstruct teeth in increased vertical dimension of occlusion with direct composite using the DSO technique.
- Diagnostic tools to diagnose (severe) tooth wear. What’s the appearance? Is it
mechanical or erosive?
- Identifying underlying etiology: is it really the use of soda? GORD patients as a
risk for wear
- Monitoring wear as a minimally invasive treatment option
- Presentation of different restorative approaches, indirect or direct, with focus on
adhesive and minimally invasive
- Long term results and prognosis of different rehabilitation options
- Understanding specific etiological factors and manifestations of severe tooth
- Learning about various options for full rehabilitation of tooth wear patients
(counseling&monitoring, direct techniques, indirect techniques, hybrid techniques
and 3D CAD-CAM procedures)
- Learning to realize an increase of vertical dimension of occlusion in a tooth wear
- Training to place direct composite restorations in case of severe tooth wear (e.g.
U kunt op de website zien wat de status van uw deelname is. Hieronder kunt u zien wat elke status betekent.